Monday, July 28, 2008

End of First Day of Class

Challenging, exhilarating, fascinating, and confusing are the words I would use to describe today's class. Many of the terms used today are ones I had heard before but did not really understand what they were exactly. I find that the more I learn about technological capabilities at my fingertips, the less I really know! Even though I utilize the computer daily during the majority of my workday and in my leisure time, there is just so much to learn. So today I decided to walk through the day, trying to do something new about cyberspace.

So what did I learn? I can now set up my own blog, view other classmates' blogs, respond to their postings, create my igoogle account and even make tabs on it. So I did accomplish quite a few things. At the end of the day I realize that I can still learn a few more tech tricks, I enjoy a new challenge and I look forward to learning lots of new applications that will help me to enhance what I do at MSJ.

How will I use it? That is the million dollar question. Since I work with the parents, I wonder just how many of them would take the time to blog with all the other responsibilities they have each day. Remember, they are mostly digital immigrants. So I am open to suggestions. I think I am confusing blogging with web site information that I already use such as daily announcement postings, the e-mail broadcast that I have administrated for our school, and many other tasks. I may be able to use blogging to spark discussions about parenting topics. I guess I will have more clarity as the course continues. I am open to suggestions.

Besides the learning, it has been a pleasure to meet new fellow educators as well as reconnect with some of the wonderful people I work with and even some classmates whom I have crossed paths with in my past!

No comments: